Wednesday, September 2, 2009

LeeAnn's Scripture Journal

The President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Thomas S. Monson quoted Ted Koppel of ABC's Nightline as saying, " 'We have actually convinced ourselves that slogans will save us. ' Shoot up if you must; but use a clean needle.' 'Enjoy sex whenever with whomever you wish; but protect yourself.'
" 'No. The answer is no. Not no because it isn't cool or smart or because you might end up in jail or dying in an AIDS ward - but no, because it's wrong....
" 'What Moses brought down from Mount Sinai were not the 10 Suggestions, they are commandments. Are, not were.' " (Ensign May 2009 pg. 125)

Explanation:
I felt the other day that I needed to look up this quote and put it on my blog. There are many things that run through my mind when I hear about Hollywood's (Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron/Stuart Townsend) declaration of we-are-not marrying-until-everyone-has- that-same-privilege. GREAT, don't....if that's what makes you happy. But just as you, Brad Pitt, have the right to go out and fight against Proposition 8 constitutionally defining marriage between a man and a woman, I will fight equally as hard to make sure that it passes (And passed it did.) Your problem, Brad Pitt, is that you and everyone else like you were shocked that the majority spoke out against you. Hollywood was embarrassed. Hollywood thought they had it all and they controlled all. Guess what? You don't.
You can blame it on the Mormons if you chose which is fine we can take it. It's not the first time we've been slandered by your kind. We haven't sunk yet and we won't. So someday when your kind is dying of AIDS because you chose to practice your immoral lifestyle and your raising my health insurance rate and I get mad and a law is passed allowing me to opt out of having my rates raised (let's face it that medicine isn't cheap), don't be surprised if Hollywood begins to think......maybe the "Mormons" were right after all. (Granted you may never reach the point where money is a problem, but since this is my blog...I'll keep on dreaming......and no, I don't have a desire to meet you.)

Okay, it's back to me again, it obviously turned out to be a letter to Brad Pitt and "his kind" but since this is my blog.....I CAN DO WHATEVER CRAZY RANDOM THING I WANT. :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! You got really passionate there!!

    I never got to hear the good news about who you found on FB, by the way, Keith never told me.

    so, call me sometime and tell me about that

    ReplyDelete