Thursday, January 15, 2026

Reflection: How does making your scripture study a priority draw you closer to the Savior?

Preach My Gospel defines diligence as a “consistent, earnest effort.” I have learned that as I diligently study (not rushing to read), I am able to find hidden gems. While I am one of the few who misses the 3 hour block, I have loved the focus on “Come, Follow Me.” I have loved the world of study it has opened up. (It is a reason that I am grateful for the internet - never thought I would say it.) I love learning without paying for BYU religion instructors. I love what was once only available to a select few is available to all. I love being able to learn about the specific scripture time periods. I love how biblical customs that made no sense, are clear and open my learning to the gospel even more. 


All of these have opened my eyes to the scriptures and have expanded my knowledge of the Savior. I am grateful that I grew up in a home where I saw my parents read their scriptures and when I stayed with my grandparents watched them read their scriptures. Their example showed me their love of the scriptures which made it easier for me to love the scriptures. 


Learning about the Savior has expanded my vision of my possibilities and that means the world to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment