Sunday, January 29, 2023

Six Month Theme

 Twice a year The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has a two day 5 Session televised conference called General Conference; (it is always held on the first Sunday in April and October; however, it always begins on a Saturday) wherein we hear from the upper echelon of the church and are spiritually uplifted and fed. Temples are commonly announced at that time and leadership changes made and sustained (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/general-handbook/30-callings-in-the-church?lang=eng)

The following month General Conference (GC) is released as a hard copy in a magazine we call "The Liahona." Because I am a hard copy person who loves to write in margins, circle and underline, I always request one. Prior to reading I have reviewed my notes about phrases which have stood out to me and a principle which I want to study. The October conference phrase that I picked was "Consider Thy Ways," the principle was prayer.  Today as I opened my GC edition I'd also written "Focus Talks" which I guess means at the time it was my bright idea to pursue them further. As this blog is my record for my bigs, littles, grunts and grncle I am going to write how I decided to Consider My Ways, my thoughts on Prayer, and the Focus talks

Consider My Ways:

1. Know the Whys and Hows

2. Frequent Participation in "Good Things"

3. Take Advantage of Every Good Opportunity

4. Be open to sharing about the Book of Mormon

5. Truth is not relative

6. Hope 

7. Increase Spiritual Capacity

8. Ability to choose who to follow

9. Relationship is a Full Partnership 

10. Spend time with the Savior. Transformative blessings will happen. 

11. Read, Discuss, Consider, Learn

12. Am I "Anti" or "Resistant" - be "Anti Temptation"

13. Gospel is a privilege

14. Am I allowing others to belong?

15. Beauties of the Earth

16. Adopt Personal Lifestyles and Behaviors that show respect to God

17. Willingness

18. Overcoming Temptation 


Prayer:

1. Framework: Ask -> Receive -> Seek God's Will -> Believe will receive

2. Pray about Book of Mormon Experiences 

3. Increases spiritual capacity


Focus Talks:

"Are You Still Willing?" - Kevin Pearson (also need to read BYU Devotional which he gave the same month - https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/kevin-w-pearson/the-abundant-life-2/)

"Overcoming the World" - President Russell M. Nelson 

No comments:

Post a Comment