
This blog is NOT your typical blog. It is not going to be a blog about the cute things my nieces and nephews did or even the things I do everyday. I lead a very boring life and I would bore you and I, myself, would get depressed because I would have to realize that I am indeed boring.
This blog has mentally been in the works for a couple of years after I read an article by M. Russell Ballard about sharing the gospel in this age of technology. I realized that I would never want my nieces or nephews to feel they could read my journal but I also realized I wanted a place for them to go where they could read about the thoughts and feelings of my heart for them and those things nearest and dearest to me.
I had the privilege to have family prayer with a young family where the words uttered were (in reference to their children), to have them "gain a testimony of the gospel and go to the temple." I wondered why they didn't ask they serve missions, etc. I realized that life may throw things at them and at the time set aside for them to serve a mission they may not be ready. BUT if they have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and go to the temple they will have been successful (as long as they continue to progress). And this is my prayer for my own family.
Now I don't want this blog to be exclusively for those of my faith, but also for those who are not of my faith. This is the place to go when you want to know why I believe what I believe.
May the Lord love ya and the Devil miss ya!
---Aunt Kuku
|
I meant NOT, this is NOT your typical blog.
ReplyDeleteThere was actually a talk in the October conference that stated that people should raise their children to go to the temple rather than to raise them to serve missions. If you raise a person with the temple as their goal then they will constantly be striving to be worthy to go to the temple. If you raise them to serve a mission then many go inactive after the mission because they feel they have accomplished what they were raised to accomplish. If you constantly pray that your children will live lives worthy to allow them into the temple then they will naturally just serve a mission and have less chances of going on a mission because they felt pressured into serving.
ReplyDeleteThat is correct, but before the talk was given my friends were saying that in there prayers. I think they are related to Elder Ballard. (Not really)
ReplyDeleteNice blog! I'm excited to hear what you have to say. It will be a nice way to stay in touch. I agree it is so important to pray for our children, for their testimonies to be strong. It is a good way to convey to them the importance of living the gospel and setting their goals high when it comes to righteous living.
ReplyDelete